Merrick, NY—As we have been doing, we will continue to bring you weekly updates of brands and retailers who have had to close or make other adjustments to business due to the coronavirus epidemic. This week, two Texas-based companies, Alter’s Gem Jewelry in Beaumont, TX closed due to stay-home orders, and Sylvie Collection in Dallas sent a message to consumers. If you would like updates from your company to be included in future editions, please contact Hedda Schupak, Centurion Newsletter editor, firstname.lastname@example.org (610) 393-1955.
Here’s the letter from Brian Alter to customers, plus a hopeful graphic he included with it (left).
Dear Clients and Friends of Alter’s Gem Jewelry,
We hope this email finds you and your families safe and healthy. You are all in our thoughts during this time. At the present time, Jefferson County and the city of Beaumont have issued “Stay at Home” orders.
In compliance with these orders we have closed our showroom to the public for the time being. Alter’s prides itself in community leadership, and the decision to close our showroom is the right thing to do to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff, our families, our valued clients and friends.
The “Stay at Home” order will be in place currently through April 10th. We hope to reopen our doors to your very soon.
We would like to extend the following options for you:
1. Online Shopping: We will do our best to deliver items listed on our website. Please note, like many other websites, the manufacturers in some cases may be in areas that have been temporarily shut down. We have over 10,000 items in our store on Dowlen that we are happy to deliver to you. Please keep in mind that there may be delivery delays at this time. We will communicate with you any delays should they occur.
2. For those of you concerned about maintaining your warranties that are due during this period of social distancing, we will gladly give a courtesy update to extend your due date for another 6 months.
3. Website Chat and Facebook Messenger: If you have any questions, we will be monitoring our Chat services and will be happy to chat with you. Don’t forget to include your contact information.
4. Email: If you prefer to contact us by email, please send your correspondence to email@example.com.
5. If there is anything else that we can do to make things easier for you, please let us know. Our team is proud to have given back to our community through every hurricane, tropical storm, and community need. We survived and thrived through all of that together and will be here for our community now as well.
Please keep up with what is happening in our community and around the country – be aware, be diligent and strong. Do things to keep yourself healthy and safe. Like you, we are constantly monitoring the situation. When this passes, and it will pass, we will be here for you and look forward to welcoming you again.
Thank you for your continued support. Let’s all get through this together.
Separately, Dallas-based Sylvie Collection sent the following note of encouragement to couples whose weddings have been impacted by the pandemic: