Le Vian Red Carpet Revue Predicts Trends At JCK
June 06, 2018 (0 comments)
Las Vegas, NV—The red carpet rolled out for celebrities, collectors, and trade guests alike at the annual Le Vian Red Carpet Revue, held Sunday, June 3 at the Mandalay Bay. E! News host Ross Mathews returned for his second year as emcee of the event, while Harper’s Bazaar executive fashion and beauty editor Avril Graham returned to her regular trend-forecasting post as usual. Award-winning singer Macy Gray performed after the catwalk show.
Both Mathews and Graham opened with jokes about being adopted into the LeVian family after their repeat engagements as hosts for the show, before CEO Eddie LeVian and president Moossa Le Vian paused for a more serious discussion about family—both those unable to attend due to serious illness as well introducing the next-gen Le Vian members in attendance, including a new grandchild due to be born later this year.
Eddie and Moossa LeVian
Avril Graham opened with a list of key fashion trends for fall:
- Faux fur, (real fur is not only passe; it’s likely to attract hostility, she said).
- Intergalactic, futuristic, edgy
- American folklore
- Menswear/English-style tailoring
- Maximalism, including a return to Eighties-style massive shoulders and overblown styling. Jewelry will be big, she said—not tiny pieces. Think one fabulous big earring.
- For men, those nerdy guys wearing Seinfeld sneakers circa 1980 are going to be right back in style, she said, as all the top designer houses are doing high-end versions of them.
“There’s lots of synergy between what we do at Harpers Bazaar and what Le Vian does,” she said. Bazaar editor-in-chief Glenda Bailey also delivered a video message.
“Glenda and Avril have been asking us to find something in gray diamonds to bring to market,” said Eddie Le Vian. “It’s not easy but we did something with one of our retailers that we’re going to launch this fall.”
“What isn’t out there yet? What do we as editors feel in our bones is going to be the next big thing?” asked Graham.
The Le Vian 2019 Trend Forecast reveal:
- Trend Of The Year: The nude palette, which complements women’s unique features and complexions.
- Design Of The Year: Milestones. Celebrate life’s most important moments through a graduation of gemstones.
- Diamond Of The Year: Nude Diamonds (a light to medium champagne color)
- Gold Flavor Of The Year: Tri-color gold, especially with nude diamonds for a contemporary take on the nude palette
- Theme Of The Year: Royalty. Designs include the new tiara ring and demi-halo rings to combine together.
- Fall Colors Of The Year: Royal blue gemstones and royal flush, an ultraviolet grape in amethyst and sapphires.
- Spring Colors Of The Year: Multicolor blends in peacock or rainbow hues.
- Feature Of The Year: Adjustability
- Gem Of The Year: Fancy Color Sapphires
- Cut Of The Year: Baguette
- Item Of The Year: Open-style rings
- Animal Of The Year: Dog
- New Gem, unique to Le Vian: Peacock Aquaprase, a new type of chalcedony that’s a blue-green seafoam color; discovered by gem explorer Yianni Melas.