Waltham, MA—It’s too late to plan a major event for this Christmas, but even with just days to go, there are a few small things you still can do to entice shoppers. Business News Daily suggests these five tips retailers can try to boost holiday sales numbers even at the last minute:
1. Discounts and free shipping. Discounting always has an appeal, but free shipping is super-important in the online era. (For jewelers: you can also offer free same-day local delivery when applicable.)
2. Market your gift cards. They’re great stocking stuffers and flexible gifts. (For jewelers, it can help with a customer who’s wavering over a purchase: the gift card ensures the recipient will love the piece because they get to pick it out--and chances are they might augment the dollar amount and spend even more!)
3. Boost mobile and social advertising. 64% of consumers research gift ideas on their smartphones, says Business News Daily. Even better, 76% who research gifts on their phone will visit a nearby business within a day and 28% will make a purchase.
4. Host a holiday-themed event. While it’s too late to plan a large-scale event at this point, something as simple as offering candy or hot chocolate at the front of your store could be enough to bring in harried last-minute shoppers.
5. Stay open later. Last minute shoppers tend to come by at, well, the last minute. And extend your holiday hours past December 25, as Business News Daily says 5% of all holiday spending occurs after Christmas.
Top image: Cooking Classy