Perspectives on LifeApril 08, 2020 (0 comments)
Carlsbad, CA--The coronavirus pandemic has yielded unprecedented emotions and reactions. We also can use the time to reflect, learn, and renew. Here are some things that occur to me:
- Life is precious and we need to treat it so.
- Tap into your support system and stay positive. Call, text, and email your family and friends.
- Don't binge on the news. Stay informed, but use the time to get some necessary things done.
- Instead of worrying about the future, be proactive. Count your blessings, not your hurts.
- Get hold of some humor. Laugh a little, or a lot. It's good therapy.
- Engage technology as never before. We live in a perfect time for such a crisis.
- If you have a home, work outside. Fresh air, gardening, and even chores are good for the soul.
- Use your newfound time wisely. Do the things you never had time to do.
- Assess your financial situation, in detail. Consider all alternatives. Be creative.
- Spend time in the kitchen. Cook new recipes. Slow down and step back in time.
- Spend time with children or parents and enjoy each other. You probably don't do it enough.
- Read those books you always wanted to read, but couldn't find the time to do so.
- Take an online class you've been putting off. Read, learn, grow. It's time.
- Unclutter your living space. Purge outdated files. Do some Spring cleaning.
- Reach out to help people who can't help themselves. Be a friend and a good neighbor.
- The best way to take your mind off yourself is to focus on helping others.
- Bad as this situation is, it isn't the end of the world. We will learn from this and be better.
- Be kind, be patient, be generous, be nice. It's a good way to live.