Research Reveals Consumer Jewelry Preferences
July 28, 2021 (0 comments)
New York, NY—As part of its recently-concluded consumer research project, The Plumb Club introduces more findings that will help jewelry retailers make informed purchasing decisions in advance of the upcoming Las Vegas jewelry shows. Consumers were asked their jewelry preferences across a variety of styles and categories. Top image: A 10.02-carat cornflower blue sapphire flanked by diamond baguettes in a ring by Omi Privé.
Here are some of the key findings:
- More than two-thirds (67%) of consumers agree that when they wear jewelry, they want pieces that express their personality and mood. 64% of consumers say that symbols used in jewelry have (or to some extent have) the power to convey emotion or to protect.
- When it comes to expressing personality, 44% of consumers prefer traditional or classic styling, 20% prefer a minimalistic approach, while 14% prefer contemporary and 12% vintage. Trendy or fun styling preferences came in at 9%.
- Overwhelmingly, 78% of consumers say that colorful jewelry lifts their mood, and they define colorful jewelry as jewelry that contains one color of brightly-colored gemstones (43%) or jewelry with a mix of many-colored gemstones (42%).
- When purchasing colored gemstone jewelry, 41% of consumers prefer a somewhat neutral color palette that might work with more outfits, while 31% want a brighter color palette of gems. Multi-color and pastel preferences were split, each at 14%.
- Pearl consumers prefer white pearls (53%) over color pearls (24%) and generally prefer their pearls in a classic strand styling (52%). 37% of consumers say that when they buy pearls, they like more modern styling.
- For watches, 70% of consumers define their watch style as classic and 24% define their style as vintage. While 55% prefer to buy watches with an automatic movement, 42% prefer a classic mechanical winding watch. 37% say they want battery operated movements and 16% like watches with complications.
Related: Retailer Websites Are #1 Influencer Of Jewelry Purchases
Retailers wishing more information on the research findings should contact a Plumb Club Member. For a full list of The Plumb Club Members, visit https://plumbclub.com/members/ or email email@example.com.